Sunday, September 30, 2007

A "Video Village" of Gary Village Shopping Center

This is a video of Gary Village Shopping Center sent to me by sconiers at Photobucket. In its heyday, it featured such stores as Montgomery Ward, JCPenney, Kinney Shoes, and others before investment capital went south to Merrillville, Lowell and the like.

The song he used, the 5th Dimension's "One Less Bell to Answer" perfectly encapsulates the malise the shopping complex has experienced that has also befallen Woodmar Mall in neighboring Hammond.

For my tribute page to the late, lamented Woodmar Mall, please click on the following URL:

http://www.geocities.com/jaloweplays/woodmar.html

I'd thought I'd share this video with you.



Also, check him out at MySpace.

Disclosure: I am making this material available in accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107: This is being distributed without profit for research and educational purposes.

No comments: